Fire Project Surveyor - Housing Sector -South of England £38000 - £45000
Due to continued growth, one of the South's leading housing associations is currently hiring for a Project Surveyor to provide an efficient and effective reactive fire safety surveyor service which ensures the safety of tenants, staff and assets in line with the current fire safety regulations and legislation.
You will Deliver a variety of Fire projects utilising approved contractors and internal staff to ensure the organisation complies with its statutory obligations and customer expectations.
- Carry out inspections to ensure all works are delivered in accordance with agreed specification / quality standards ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation and internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure excellent standards of customer care are applied to each contract. Handle all relevant customer queries or complaints in a sympathetic, pragmatic and prompt manner as per agreed policies and procedures.
- Engage with other areas of the business in a 'one team' approach, sharing knowledge and expertise in support of developing improvements.
- Liaise with the Fire Safety Delivery Team Manager providing project management services for any fire projects assigned, ensuring all relevant stakeholders are working in-line with the project delivery timelines and relevant standards.
- Assist on delivery of fire safety programmes, including overseeing completed works comply to the required regulations.
- Liaise with the Fire Safety Delivery Team Manager on internal and external communication plans relevant to programme delivery.
- Lead on from the fire risk assessment process and/or other processes, visit, inspect and provide detailed specification for fire remedial works and complete post inspections once these tasks are completed.
- Specify and manage fire safety improvement works, close fire risk assessment recommendation and improve safety.
Skills and knowledge
- Effective interpersonal skills, including teamwork, networking and negotiation skills with the ability to positively motivate all stakeholders, whilst building trusted relationships.
- A motivated and enthusiastic individual, who can work under pressure and prioritise workloads to deliver an outstanding service to the partnered departments.
- Possess an industry recognised formal fire safety qualification (level 3 minimum).
- Good understanding of UK fire safety guidance and benchmark standards for existing buildings.
For further information and to apply for this interesting, diverse role please contact our Managing Consultant, Tom Selman at Panoramic Associates.