Project Manager (Fire) - Housing Sector -South of England £38000 - £45000
Due to continued growth, one of the South's leading housing associations is currently hiring for a Project Manager to Lead in the delivery of a variety of Fire projects across the organisations whole geographical area utilising approved contractors and internal staff to ensure the organisation complies with its statutory obligations and customer expectations
You will Support the Fire Safety Delivery Team Manager in ensuring the safety of customers, staff and assets in line with the current fire safety regulations and legislation.
- Lead on delivery of fire safety programmes, including overseeing completed works conform to the required regulations and legislation, including Section 20.
- Liaise with the Fire Safety Delivery Team Manager on internal and external communication plans necessary to programme delivery.
- Analyse project delivery timeframes and liaise with the Fire Safety Delivery Team Manager.
- Provide regular assurance reports to the Fire Safety Delivery Team Manager in relation to project delivery.
- Progress all works orders and contractor invoice payments to completion in a timely manner maintaining robust financial control. Monitor delivery of projects against agreed outputs and financial performance providing updates on monthly progress to the Fire Safety Delivery Manager.
- Carry out inspections to ensure all works are delivered in accordance with agreed specification and quality standards ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation and internal policies and procedures.
- Undertake and document regular meetings with contractors, suppliers and consultants. Address any issues of performance implementing strategies for improvement where required. Deal with issues of conflict and ensure proper performance of the contract.
- Ensure excellent standards of customer care are applied to each contract. Deal with all relevant customer queries or complaints in a sympathetic, pragmatic and prompt manner as per agreed policies and procedures.
Skills and knowledge
- A good understanding of fire safety and fire delivery when it comes to door set installation, maintenance and fire stopping.
- Proven experience of managing a range of projects within Fire safety preferably within the Housing Sector.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including teamwork, networking and negotiation skills with the ability to positively motivate all stakeholders, whilst building trusted relationships
For further information and to apply for this interesting, diverse role please contact our Managing Consultant, Tom Selman at Panoramic Associates.