We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Environmental Health professional who can demonstrate an extensive knowledge of all aspects of Environmental Health.
You will take the lead on the council's Covid-19 response, working with public health colleagues and other partners to ensure effective infectious disease control. You will also be working as part of a team responsible for the enforcement of legislation relating to food safety, health and safety, and public health (infectious disease control).
Environmental Health Officer
Day rate: £250 - £350 per day 37 hours over 7 days - some out of hours work will be required
Job Type: Contract (Until the end of the financial year)
- Supporting and guiding businesses who have COVID cases.
- Examining outbreaks and attendance and participation in Outbreak Control meetings
- Inspection of Businesses to assess COVID controls and taking enforcement action including prosecutions against non-compliant premises
- Reviewing COVID risk assessments for events and attendance at events to check Covid Controls and take enforcement action if needed.
- Provision of advice/guidance re: Covid matters to colleagues within the Council and external stakeholders.
- Participating in proactive projects engaging with businesses re; Covid Controls
- Identifying emerging threats relevant to the service and contributing to service planning
Please call me, Lola Balogun or you can email your C.V. Even if you feel like this is not 100% right for you, I still would like to hear from you.