Panoramic Associates are currently recruiting on behalf of a Local Government client in Scotland for a Locum Consultant in Public Health to coordinate their immunisation & vaccination strategy on a part-time flexible basis.
This contract will be for an initial 3 months with a likelihood of an extension and will suit a UK based, registered Consultant in Public Health looking for flexible working on a fully remote basis.
Role duties include:
- Provide expert clinical advice to patients, carers, and other health care professionals and providers in relation to immunisation
- Oversee the delivery, quality and effectiveness of immunisation programmes (both routine and selective) for the population of the region.
- Contribute to, and lead formal processes for the planning, implementation and coordination of delivery of any newly recommended immunisation programme at a national level, and to oversee the planning, and coordination of its delivery at a local level. Where the Immunisation Co-ordinator has direct managerial responsibility for delivery of immunisation services, they will be responsible for operational management.
- Inclusion on the GMC / UKPHR specialist register as a Consultant in Public Health with a license to practice (Candidates 6 months away from registration will be considered)
- Recent experience of working in a local authority/local government and significant public health experience in the main focus area
- Significant experience in health protection / COVID-19 response / communicable disease control / infectious diseases
This post is for 2 days a week with full flexibility in the shifts ie 4 x 4 hours worked throughout the week, if preferred.
To discuss this post in more detail, please apply today!