Panoramic Associates are delighted to have partnered with a leading national Property & Construction Consultancy to assist them with search for an experienced Civil Engineer based with their high performing team in Oxford.
If you have a good understanding of highway and and drainage systems, this role will enable you to join an expereinced team and develop your career to become a qualified engineer. The Civil Engineering team provide a comprehensive range of civil engineering design, procurement, coordination and project management services to support clients through the whole project life cycle; offering a full multi-disciplinary service or standalone specialist technical services for projects in excess of £100 million in value.
The team has particular expertise in highways design, pavements, bridges, earthworks engineering and cut and fill assessments, remediation, underground services, flood alleviation, sustainable drainage systems, pumping stations and sewerage systems, external works and highway and drainage section agreements (S278, S38 & S104).
Working alongside the structural engineering team, you will work on prestigious projects. covering a wide range of disciplines in property and construction, including the opportunity to work on international and major government infrastructure schemes as well as cutting edge projects in the world of Formula 1.You will be responsible for providing a wide range of civil engineering services including the following and given the opportunity to develop your commercial and management skills:
- Produce highways and drainage designs relating to medium to large development infrastructure projects
- Produce flood risk assessments (FRA's) and drainage strategies
- Supervise CAD technicians and engineers
- Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals
- Deliver work to an agreed fee and timescale.
- Manage project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)
- Prepare client / project proposals
- Assist in negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees
- Procure project resources
- Agree design philosophy / design fundamentals
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within a private practice
- Good understanding of highway and drainage section agreements (38, 278 and 104)
- A competent user of Windes Microdrainage
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD and in particular Civil 3D
If this role is of interest and you have the relevant experience please apply via this advert or feel free to email me on