Panoramic Associates are delighted to have partnered with a leading national Property & Construction Consultancy to assist them with search for an experienced Civil Engineer based with their high performing team in Winchester.
The Civil Engineer will be required to undertake all aspects of the civil engineering design from Pre-Planning [Masterplanning], conceptual design through to the production of As-Built drawings.
The team provides a comprehensive range of civil engineering design, procurement, coordination and project management services to support clients through the whole project life cycle; offering a full multi-disciplinary service or standalone specialist technical services.
The team has particular expertise in highways design for roads, pavements, bridges, Section 278 Agreements and in earthworks engineering, cut and fill assessments, remediation, underground services, flood alleviation, sustainable drainage systems, pumping stations, sewerage and external works.
- Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)
- Prepare client / project proposals
- Oversee the delivery of projects
- Produce flood risk assessments (FRA's) and Drainage strategies
- Agree design philosophy / design fundamentals
- Produce highways and drainage designs relating to medium to large development infrastructure projects
- Produce civil engineering drawings and layout and/or supervise/mentor more junior engineers & CAD Technicians
- Provide day-to-day client interface, conducting site visits for technical assessment or problem-solving
- Support senior civil engineering staff with design
- A relevant engineering qualification (BEng or equivalent)
- Evidence experience of working in a similar role, ideally within a private practice
- Pre-Planning experience for flood risk and/or masterplanning support [desirable]
- Possess a good understanding of the Sectional Agreements required to obtain technical approval for highway and drainage schemes (e.g. Section 278, Section 104 etc)
- An understanding of DMRB and MfS Vol 1 and 2
- Good understanding of Building Regulation Part H designs
- Be a competent user of Windes Microdrainage, AutoCAD
- Fully conversant in AutoCAD with Civil Engineering related experience
If this role is of interest and you have the relevant experience please apply via this advert or feel free to email me on