We are seeking a Category Manager to join us to support the development of the business and managing a range of our spend categories from developing the market through to sourcing new suppliers and supplier management. This is an excellent development opportunity for someone currently studying for MCIPS or recently qualified.
- Essential experience of delivering Major Highways Projects in a Local Authority setting
- Knowledge of NEC forms of contract
- Have experience working for or on behalf of local authorities
- Experience of dealing with the public at presentations
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to work
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work as part of a disciplined team or on own initiative
Duties will include;
- Actively supporting the delivery of the Procurement Strategy, leading on an agreed range of industrial and construction categories working with the service to manage the end to end supply and delivery, ensuring that suppliers provide competitive pricing and support effective outcomes.
- Building knowledge and expertise across the business in developing a whole life cost approach in the appointment and management of a range of categories that support the success of the business operating in a commercial environment.
- Proactively leading, managing and delivering new supply contracts using the most appropriate routes to market that consider resilience and visibility of supply chains.