We are recruiting for an experienced Senior Building Surveyor. We are looking for someone who is able to work across a range of refurbishment, conversion, and new build construction projects.
The clients surveying team operates within a multi-disciplinary consultancy working for a range of clients, so adaptability and agility are key to the role.
Job Overview and Core Competencies
A suitable candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the following services:
- Condition Surveys
- Building Surveys/Due Diligence
- Schedules of Condition
- Licences to Alter
- Feasibility Studies
- External Wall System (EWS) visual and intrusive surveys (production of EWS1 forms not required)
- Delivery of EWS remedial projects
- Contract Administration/Project Management/Employers Agent
- Planned Preventative Maintenance/Asset Management
- Schedules of Dilapidations (Both Landlord and Tenant)
- Reactive Maintenance surveys
- Building Pathology
- Statutory Reviews (Health/Safety/Fire/Equality Act)
- Energy Performance
- Reinstatement Cost Assessment
- Planning/Building Control Matters
- Heritage and Listed Building Matters
- Party Wall Advice (although not essential)
A suitable candidate will meet the following criteria:
- MRICS preferable or MCIOB
- Minimum 5 years' PQE in the property and construction industry.
- Private practice experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building pathology, construction detail and legal/regulatory requirements in
relation to the built environment.
- Contract experience (JCT Minor Works, Intermediate & D&B forms)
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage as well as working as part of an integrated team.
- Accountable and responsible for professional conduct
- Capable of assisting in the management of a small team and mentoring of junior colleagues.
- Proficient in the use of IT including Microsoft Applications, hand-held devices and AutoCAD or similar.
- Hold a valid, clean driver's licence.