Building Control Surveyor
Start date: ASAP
Panoramic is facilitating the appointment of a Building Control Surveyor to work with a Local Authority based in London, primarily carrying out site inspections.
If you are dedicated to safeguarding the protection of our communities by insisting on high standards of construction practice and helping to deliver buildings that are energy-efficient and climate-resilient, then we want to hear from you.
In this role you will carry out unsupervised statutory and intermediate site inspections of works in progress to ensure conformity with the Building Regulations and other relevant legislation, negotiating as necessary with builders and developers. Responsibility for decisions made at these inspections lies entirely with the Postholder and except in exceptional circumstances without reference to the Supervisor.
Within this role you will have a versatile list of responsibilities which includes the following:
- To ensure compliance with the Council's information security policies and maintain confidentiality.
- To ensure compliance with your responsibilities as laid out in the Council's health and safety policy and take an active role in promoting a positive health and safety culture
- To attend meetings, working parties and seminars as directed by the Service Manager and report thereon.
- To inspect work and verify completion in accordance with Building Regulations in connection with payments for Improvement Grants.
- To keep detailed records of all works inspected on-site for future reference and in sufficient detail.
- 1600+Building Regulation applications per annum
- The post reports to the Building Control Senior Professional
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact me for a confidential conversation Or submit an up-to-date CV.
Even if you feel like this is not right for you, I still would like to hear from you. As we may have another opportunity that fits.