Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority in the North West to recruit to a Assistant Director of Public Health to lead on improving health and wellbeing.
This post is a full time 3-6 month role, with the opportunity for hybrid or remote working
Main responsibilities (will include but not limited to):
- Lead on ensuring delivery of the public health mandated services to ensure the full range of benefits are delivered to residents, these services include statutory and non-statutory public health services.
- Lead on work across all Council directorates as well as influencing partnership boards (dealing with health determinants) to maximise health improvement opportunities and the reduction of inequalities in health outcomes amongst residents.
- Providing expert public health support and whole system leadership to ensure an evidence-based approach for commissioning and developing high quality equitable services, within and across a range of organizations including voluntary, public and private sector.
- High level of understanding of epidemiology and statistics, public health practice, health promotion, health economics and health care evaluation.
- Experience of leading, providing and commissioning excellent services in public health, including implementing commissioning strategies and plans.
- Proven stakeholder management and engagement skills, combined with a good political acumen and experience.
- Experience of working at a senior level that requires a high level of strategic awareness.
If you would like to apply you must hold a UKPHR / GMC registration.
Please contact Maisie Hockings or Bianca Ashwin to hear more.