We are currently looking for an Asset Maintenance Surveyor in London to cover Lambeth & Southwark on a permanent basis.
The team are responsible for delivering property surveying services to customers and for ensuring that new customers can expect to move into a home that is clean and safe, and meets the Empty Homes Standard.
Reporting to the Asset Maintenance Manager, you'll be responsible for carrying out surveys to properties, diagnosing the cause of complex building faults and failures, preparing detailed specifications, and overseeing the contractors' delivery of works, managing quality, value and progress, all in line with contract terms. Ensuring that customers receive an excellent service, and effectively kept in the loop;
you'll work in tandem with Surveyors, Customer Liaison Officers, and other specialist teams; to ensure efficient ways of working are practiced, and cross departmental co-operation results in improved service delivery. You will work closely with external contractors, Local Authorities and other agencies in delivering a fully comprehensive service.
What we're looking for
We're a customer-focussed organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. You'll not only be an experienced Maintenance Surveyor; but you'll also have great customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done. You'll also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent level of knowledge of building construction, standards, and legislation, and an ability to diagnose and specify remedies to building defects.
- Understanding of responsive repairs, void works, planned and cyclical repairs requirements.
- Ability and presence to be proactive and work on own initiative, with limited supervision, and be able to manage contractors delivering building works at project level including H&S, quality, value and progress with excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent standards of customer care and the ability to deliver accurate and clear communications in writing, face to face or by telephone
- Ability to demonstrate behavioural competencies.
- Successful track record of delivering building surveying services, and management of substantial work programmes in a similar environment.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise a heavy workload, whilst working on a mobile basis, and keep excellent records
- A good understanding of the context of social housing.
- Experience of working with the NHF Schedule of Rates
- Experience of working within a commercially aware environment