Contract type: Full time - 6 Months
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Asbestos Manager to join a local authority for a 6 -Month interim contract.
The ideal candidate will have had previous asbestos experience in both surveying and analytical roles holding the BOHS P405: Management of Asbestos also, BOHS P406: Supervision and Management of the Safe Removal and Disposal of Asbestos would be desirable
As the Asbestos Manager you will be working in partnership with the Procurement Team to procure new asbestos contracts as and when required. Including the review of specifications and tender submissions.
- To act as the Appointed Person under the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) for the asbestos management of Council's domestic, corporate, and commercial portfolios.
- Develop risk-based planned programmes of asbestos removal and remediation activities for domestic and non-domestic properties across the Council.
- To develop and deliver a risk-based programme of asbestos management surveys for social housing properties, ensuring consistency and quality of completed surveys and data by the effective use of assurance procedures
- be responsible for the ownership, development, and implementation of the Council's Domestic Asbestos Management Plan,
- ensuring that the Council meets its duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations for domestic, and non-domestic premises and their general and specific duties of care to residents, staff, contractors, and members of the public that may access the Council's buildings
Please call me, Lola Balogun or you can email your C.V. Even if you feel like this is not 100% right for you, I still would like to hear from you.