Interim Senior Building Control Surveyor
Job Type: Contract
Pay: £45 - £50hr
Working in partnership with a council based in Gloucestershire, Panoramic Associates are currently looking for an expert Senior Building Control Surveyor to join the asset management team
The successful candidate will have an excellent knowledge of the Building Regulations and associated legislation. Awareness of the data Protection Act and issues of confidentiality and the ability to manage own time and workload
The main role of the Senior Building Control Surveyor will be:
- The processing and validation of functions, including building control, demolition, dangerous structures and general advice.
- The examination and determination of allocated full plans applications for compliance with building regulations following office procedures including consultations with third parties.
- To ensure that contraventions of the Building Regulations are reported.
- To investigate any reported alleged unauthorised work and instigate appropriate enforcement action
- Within office guidelines and policy to deal with applications for Regularisation Certificates and the issuing of a full range of completion certificates, including those allocated to others.
- To investigate reports of dangerous structures and to take appropriate action, together with the proper serving of notices under either the Building Act 1984 or The Highways Act 1980.
Corporate Member of the RICS, CABE or CIOB.
Qualified to at least degree standard (or equivalent) in a construction-related subject
Evidence of continuing professional development